February 18, 2015

[INTERVIEW] Yoo Seung Ho Interview with Grazia Magazine February '15

Yoo Seung Ho came back!

Thankfully time went by.
Yoo Seung Ho came back to our world.
His tears we saw at his discharge made up for our long time waiting for him about 2 years.
Anyway, our Yoo Seung Ho was in front of us.


I think 'faithful' is the best way to show one's thought directly.
If I can show you a word or an action including a hand gesture with my thought, it would be wonderful.
For me, it's not a big deal if you can understand my thought.
It is enough for me if I can give you my heart first.

Paris.
I don't think you can feel romantic mood with sunshine in Paris only in spring or fall. December in Paris is also good season having a big event of 'Christmas'.
He lived in the deep mountain of Fachon in Gangwon for 18 months, so we wanted him to depart from his past just a little. That's why we offered him to visit Champs-Elysees for a week holding a Chrismas market from the Arc de Triomphe.
I know that he worked hard without tears, or he might have not been fully enjoyed himself if he got a holiday in the military since he was like a honest person. I thought that it would be better for him to release from in reality and took him to Paris for 11 hours flight.

"I've been in Paris for 3 days before going for photo shooting to London. I didn't know how to enjoy Paris as I was too young at that time. I think your trip can be changed depending on your purpose, but I don't want to make a point or purpose of this trip in Paris.
Especially I will be there with good staff this time, which means to be perfect of my trip before starting".

"I want to go backpacking with my friends in the future. This idea is growing in my mind  after I came here in Paris. I don't need anything like luxurious or comfortable for my trip, but a backpack is only I need.
Actually before entered into the military service, I went to Jeju island with my close friends.
We rented scooters and went around there, which gave me a lot of opportunities to think.
It was raining and cold there, but we had not decided where to stay. That was a tough trip, but for me, it was fun time with close friends."


We knew this trip would be perfect from the departure...
Actually Yoo Seung Ho didn't make lists like what to buy or where to go for travelling.
Although he made a decision to go there, the weather in Paris was so bad.
But he didn't blame the weather.
When he was walking in the rain,  he just pulled with a hood of his jumper, and his hands put in his pockets of it. He was just kept walking calmly.
When the rain got heavier, he went into the cafe he found first there, having an Americano.
Regardless of the middle of winter, it was not freezing there. The first class there is always at the terrace where you can stay with people passing on the streets.
"My unit in the military was placed in freezing, so I rather feel refreshed of this weather.(laugh)
When I had to work early in the morning it was so freezing out there that I would got a headache. So I feel friendly to this weather instead"


We know a life in the military makes you get adapt to any environment  for the victory, then you would be impossible to hate your memories there in the end.
He showed us his stories as a trainer in the military, we saw him as if he had his first love or broken up with someone, it was like a sense of frustration on his face.

"I'm happy to finish my duty in the military, it's so good. As it has not been in a month since I left from the military service.
I don't know why, but I'm still remembering of my successors of the military.
I wanted to say thank you with cool at my discharge, but I got crying in front of the cameras, right?
Before I came out there, my successors gathered at the same place as the cameras, formed a line on each side and gave me a song with applause.
After that, suddenly tears in my eyes and I was standing there. Maybe they moved me like that.
Because I had been shared the same hardships with them, and I know they will be having a hard time more after I left.
But it's not good for crying like that."(laugh)


As a matter of course most of Korean men should go into the military, that's not a new thing for entering into the military service, and that's not a special for the discharge.
However only his enrollment accepted as a role model of the celebrities, people went crazy over to it, then his discharge was the top of the search as an unassailable position.
What is surprising that it was not a marketing strategy for the marketing company.
He just thought that it would be better to enter into the military silently for not bothering other people to enter like him, then he wanted to leave from the military happily.
His tears as a real man was caused as the result of what he was hard to control himself.
He just went after what he wants with sincerity.
We can say that we made him like a hero with a great images we imagined, which he must be burdened now. Because  he doesn't think he went through a big task in his life.


Finishing his role for "Missing you" that was the last drama before entering the army, he was barely of age at that time.
Additionally the news for his early enrollment surprised us. His news for not going to a college or entering to the army quietly in his prime defied all prediction.
Actually he didn't have a strategic vision for himself, he just wanted to do so.
He didn't arrange or calculate his schedule to become famous, but he just went wherever his heart leads him.
He will expected to go on his way as an actor without bounding by any rule or special deals.
Yoo Seung Ho's heart is like a flowing stream, he will walk along his stream for reaching his hope in the future.

His next role for "Joseon Magician" has already been expected to be a box-office this year.
There must be a lot of appealing new dramas or unrefusable offers to him.
The next role he impressed was a period movie background in Joseon, leading character is a Magician. He learned action and magic for the character of the movie.
He has been in front of the camera for a long time, but he needs some time to remember his feeling as an actor because he got a holiday for 2 years.


"I'm still going back to myself as an actor. If I can't get over my times in the army, I won't act as an actor freely anymore. I'll get over it. I'm not a soldier or a student. I'm a member of society now.
I would like to express myself in a responsible manner. I'll do my best to choose the right thing.  I'll judge myself after that. I don't want to be in a media circus before reaching my goal"

We know he is so cool having desire for perfection even on his way.
Therefore, when he was away from work acting, he was relaxed and  let go of himself in a free time.
He didn't make any 'bucket list' for having fun on his trip. He accepted all requests from others, shouting  "Paris" with a pole of selfie in his hands. Then he climbed up a hill of Montmartre.
He was different from other actors who comes and go between some departments and multi-brand stores. He and his staff ate up some roast chestnuts that he bought at a street stand there. We enjoyed talking ourselves at a cafe. He found a little times for us on his trip.


"When I went to Montmartre, I got caught in the rain a lot but it was so good. We went down to a cafe, but I went up to the hill again alone, sitting in front of the Cathedral. I sat on the bench with my umbrella and stayed for 30 minutes. Only the sound of falling rain was around me. It was good time for me to do nothing and get slow. It reminds me now."


He had a lot of thinking and felt shaky before making a comeback.
He seems to act more carefully.
We walked and walked as an excuse to get an interview for him except for taking a rest from Le Marais to Champs Élysées.
We took a long walk without giving instractions. There were some fans catching him with shining eyes behind the cap along the way.
As always, he offered to shake hands with fans sincerely and bowed for greeting.
This photo session was the first official schedule for him after his discharge. It started from in Incheon airport to chase Yoo Seung Ho, which updated on the blog or twitter in real time.
We have watched for him from "The way home," but he yet looked unused to be watched by people.
As a result, it must have been unwillingness situation for the actor such an in noisy surroundings in a week in Paris.
It seems like we have particularly large expectations for him recently. However he always do well for us. We hope you  follow him without expecting too much that he can do everything we want. The more we admire him, the more burden of pressure he gets.
He just turned 22 years old. He is in the bloom of youth. We want Yoo Seung Ho to know that he can learn from a lot of mistakes as well as successes.

If he knew that, he would feel better.

I have so many thoughts.
If you want to stop doing it, it's a good way to be involved with something.
But for me, it's a playing as an actor.
I don't want to give up doing because of my poor preparation, so I'm more careful in my behavior.
Once I stand in front of the camera, I have no way out.
So just do it.


PHOTOGRAPHER: JANG DUK HWA |CONTRIBUTING EDITOR: KIM MIN KYUNG | HAIR & MAKEUP: 김환 | STYLIST: 홍은경 | LOCATION: JUNGMI LEE | Assistant: 천광미


Translated by Eri @ YSHbiased
PLEASE DON'T COPY+PASTE THIS INTERVIEW TO OTHER BLOG/TUMBLR. 
THANK YOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...